[Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)

От Russ McBride
Тема [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)
Дата
Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)  (Chris Ruprecht <chrup999@yahoo.com>)
Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Chris,

I went through this pain a few weeks ago.  Some us couldn't get
through the make phase for PG on Mac 10.1; others made it through the
make phase, but then got weird "backend disconnected" errors.  A
couple of the guys who are working on the OpenACS project (the open
source version of Philip Greenspun's cool web publishing system)
coded up some very necessary patches, since they use PG for their
backend database. (I'm waffling between Apple's WebObjects and some
version of the ACS system, but in either case I'll be using
PostgreSQL as my backend database too.)

Anyway, all the installation instructions for getting PG running on
10.0.x/10.1 are on a web page I put up (although it might be a bit
too basic for you):

http://www.psyex.com/techdocs/pgonx.html

Let me know if you find any typos.  There shouldn't be any errors,
since I've had a least a few others get up and running with the
directions there.  Hope that helps,

Russ